Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mitts Here, Get Your Mitts Here

As per usual I am starting the year productively. I have whipped up some pairs of my Great Weekend Mitts for my Etsy shop. You can probably see them on the sidebar but here are larger pics.


Etsy Link

These first two pairs are made from Koigu Premium Palette and paired with either the Lion Brand Silk Mohaiir or Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I must take a moment to express my annoyance with the color palette of the newer, nicer Lion Brand Yarns. What company does not include a good pink or good solid red in it's collection?


Etsy Link

This last pair is knit with Koigu Kersti. I really should not be allowed in Purl Soho... ever. This yarn was an impulse purchase because it is hard to resist those walls of Koigu. Impulse purchases at Purl Soho will drain your bank account. The buttons for this pair were purchased at Lou Lou Buttons while I was hunting for buttons to replace the ones on my cute new winter coat. More on that in a later post.


Etsy Link

God Bless long weekend that make finishing possible. It was bitter, bitter cold out this New Years Weekend and I was happy to stay inside with my knitting and hot chocolate rather than waiting on the subway platform in 40mph winds.

No comments: