Monday, July 23, 2012

Pollen and Bubbles Cowl

In January this year I was still riding that wave of energy from slamming out Christmas knitting, so I decided to whip up a bunch of matching cowls from some of my hat patterns.  You have already seen the Pop Blossoms cowls, I have finally gotten around to photographing the Pollen and Bubbles cowl I also made.

I wanted to mirror the flower pattern from the Pollen and Bubbles hat along the top of the cowl but the pattern did not quite match.  Luckily all it took was adding one additional line to the colorwork charts to make the patterns match up perfectly.  I have added that one additional line of colorwork to the Pollen and Bubbles hat pattern as well as adding some instructions for making the cowl.

The instructions do not include any yardage requirements, because the charts can really be used with any weight of yarn, they can be repeated as many times as you want to make the circumference wider or the cowl longer.  The cowl can also be finished with a full lining or without.  Because there are so many variables, I did not include yardage.

If you are curious what yarn I used for the example, the red is a Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid and the teal is Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Baby.  They are both Aran weight.  The charts were repeated 8 times around and Chart B was use twice to give it height.  I did not fully line this one, it is just hemmed at the top and bottom.  It is a whopping 34 inches in circumference and 13 inches high.  I made it super big and chunky.  

I hope everyone reading this has been able to stay cool enough to knit this summer.

No comments: