Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pre-Festivalling aka a Hike on Burger Hill

Want to know what is wonderful? A trip to the NY Sheep and Wool Festival with my mom during peak foliage season. That is what is wonderful.

In October my mom came to visit for a week and a half, joined by my dad for the half. This will be the highlight of my year. My mom flew in, got to see my apartment, and then we took the train upstate for a fall trip. We went up a day before the festival started so we went for a hike on a place called Burger Hill. This is the highest hill in Rhinebeck and it looks out for miles and miles, over cute New England houses, red, orange and yellow trees, and purple mountains at the horizon. The hill itself is kind of funny, there is about 1 tree and a few stark stone benches, making the hill itself look minimalist like a Hopper painting.









Check out these insane clouds. And a shout-out to my camera for actually capturing them!


1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your mom.
Those were neat cloud pics!