Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Little Time...

I have been thinking about posting for months. I have so much to post really, pictures from NY Sheep and Wool, my future house on Chestnut Street in Rhinebeck, Christmas gifts that came out perfect, and pictures of projects I already finished in 09 as part of my resolution to knit from my very large stash of yarn and finish WIP's. So to break this bad trend of not posting, and throwing order to the wind, I am posting a few projects. But first my resolutions.

This year I am going to try desperately to finish knitting projects I have started. I have a horrible habit of cruising the internet at work, getting excited about an awesome project or idea, and then going out immediately after work and getting the supplies for said project. I will go home and start my new project, and it will indeed be awesome. It will be awesome for that night, maybe that weekend, and then it will be awesome in a ziploc bag, in a box, waiting for the day that I have time to finish this great project because I have already moved on to the next thing. The problem is, I don't want to forget the inspiration I had for any given project so I just keep starting them. This year, I will swim against the current and I will finish projects that I have already started. Here are two projects that I have already finished this year, working from yarn in my stash.


The patterns is Reykjavik.




The pattern is Bella's Mittens.

Oddly enough, there seems to be a brown and blue theme. Normally I am all about the pink, but the new year and winter weather is inspiring a new color palette.

OK That got me started. I hope to post all of the things I mentioned above and more, let's see it I can use the start of a new year as motivation.

This particular post was inspired by Adina, who posted something similar in her blog. I think the resolution to finish projects and knit from stash is an annual and universal one among crafters.

No comments: